Senior Application Specialist
We are seeking a senior application support specialist to add to our support team. The position will be based in Toronto, Ontario. The position requires a highly motivated, self-confident individual, who possesses a depth of wireless network knowledge, skills and ability. Reporting to Director of Product and Service, the senior application support specialist will provide the technical support to Acentury’s North American customer base for our test and measurement solutions. This role will be primarily focused on post sales support and technical services, and support and services for pre-sales activities are on an as-needed basis.
- Primary accountability is to work with existing customers to provide the technical support to Acentury’s North American customer base for our wireless test and measurement solutions.
- The support will be through email and phone as well as onsite visits. The specialist will help our customers debug, troubleshoot, and analyze through Acentury’s testing and measurement products. Also provide necessary technical and hands-on training to the customers.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop appropriate and optimal support strategies and methodologies. Help sales team understand customers’ current and future requirements.
- Provide technical service including; designing the test plan, test cases, conducting the test and provide testing reports.
- The primary customers are in Canada, but may also require support for U.S. customers on an as-needed basis.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid knowledge of the wireless network including the network architecture, protocol stacks, network interface, Radio Frequency, call flows for UMTS, HSPA, LTE, WiFi.
- Demonstrated deep technical expertise along with experience in applying it to wireless testing and measurement problems. Be able to work with comprehensive wireless testing solutions and radio frequency environments.
- Proven superior problem solving expertise and a strong hands-on skill set.
- Travel up to 30% may be required.
- Good knowledge of core network and Linux OS is a plus.
- Educational requirements include: Minimum Bachelors in related field and 5-7 years equivalent work experience.
ACENTURY Inc. is a solution provider specializing in the North American telecommunications industry. Together with our global leading partners, Acentury is providing the products and professional services to help customers build, test, and optimize wireline and wireless networks, improve the quality of service and user experience, and enhance network coverage and security.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- LTE: 5 years (required)
- RF: 5 years (required)
- Wireless testing: 3 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org